The O’Reilly Data Show Podcast: Cassie Kozyrkov on connecting data and AI to business.
In this episode of the Data Show, I speak with Cassie Kozyrkov, technical director and chief decision scientist at Google Cloud. She describes “decision intelligence” as an interdisciplinary field concerned with all aspects of decision-making, and which combines data science with the behavioral sciences. Most recently she has been focused on developing best practices that can help practitioners make safe, effective use of AI and data. Kozyrkov uses her platform to help data scientists develop skills that will enable them to connect data and AI with their organizations’ core businesses.
We had a great conversation spanning many topics, including:
- How data science can be more useful
- The importance of the human side of data
- The leadership talent shortage in data science
- Is data science a bubble?
[A version of this post appears on the O’Reilly Radar.]
- “Managing machine learning in the enterprise: Lessons from banking and health care”
- “Managing risk in machine learning”
- “What are model governance and model operations?”
- “Becoming a machine learning company means investing in foundational technologies”
- Forough Poursabzi Sangdeh: “It’s time for data scientists to collaborate with researchers in other disciplines”
- Jacob Ward: “How social science research can inform the design of AI systems”
- “AI and machine learning will require retraining your entire organization”
- Ihab Ilyas and Ben lorica on “The quest for high-quality data”
- “Product management in the machine learning era”—a tutorial at the Artificial Intelligence Conference in San Jose