Our goal is to create a virtual event environment where everyone feels welcome to learn and participate. We invite event participants to help us create a positive experience for all other participants.
This Virtual Events Code of Conduct provides guidelines to ensure that all event participants understand what event behavior is expected, and what behavior will not be tolerated. All participants, including attendees, speakers, and Gradient Flow staff are expected to abide by this Virtual Events Code of Conduct.
Gradient Flow does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. If you experience or hear of unacceptable behavior during a Gradient Flow virtual event, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can take appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, Gradient Flow staff, service provider, or another event guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include but are not limited to: verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, Gradient Flow staff member, service provider, or other event guests.
- Disruption of presentations during a virtual event. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any Gradient Flow virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. Gradient Flow reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take screenshots of Q&A or any chat activity that takes place during the virtual event.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Gradient Flow reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the virtual meeting without warning, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior. Further, Gradient Flow reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future event, virtually or in-person.
An event participant who believes he or she was falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct should notify us at email@example.com with a concise description of the grievance. All grievances will be handled in accordance with existing governing policies.