Using more than one cloud service – or going multicloud– is increasingly the norm. I looked through six different surveys with release dates ranging from May/2019 to May/2020. The results consistently show that a vast majority of respondents worked at companies that use multiple cloud providers. This is consistent with the results of earlier surveys that I helped create which were conducted in 2017/2018.
Notes and References:
- Flexera: 93% have a multi-cloud strategy; 87% have a hybrid cloud strategy; On average, respondents use 2.2 public and 2.2 private clouds.
- BPI Network: Improving multi-cloud security is seen as their most critical challenge, followed by a lack of multi-cloud talent and expertise.
- IDC: 81% use multiple public clouds and one or more private or dedicated clouds; 11 percent use multiple private or dedicated clouds.
- IBM: 76% of the organisations surveyed reported that they were already using from two to 15 hybrid clouds.
- Greenhouse Data: 56% of them had no multi-cloud strategy or long-term roadmap.
Download the 2020 NLP Survey Report and learn how companies are using and implementing natural language technologies.
Here is an alternative view:
Subscribe to our Newsletter:
We also publish a popular newsletter where we share highlights from recent episodes, trends in AI / machine learning / data, and a collection of recommendations.